Here are some dates important
- The club was created by F6DNU
in 1975 (Creuse - Centre of France)
- From 1976, the club formed
several radio hams of whom F1EHQ (become F5ASM), F1EHN and F1GPL.
The activity was based on realizations until 1980.
- From 1982, F6KSX began its
activity of contest and afterward expeditions.
- From 1985, several expeditions
in the Pyrenean mountain and in Andorra
took place every year.
- Always from 1985, René F6ETS
joins the group and finds a great high point in
the centre of France (Creuse) where we activated until 1989. In
1988, our biggest installation
was settled for the contest IARU.
- In 1988*, F6KSX turns to the
EME. In some months it is decided to active an EME
station in Andorra ( C30BVA). 3 months later, the group is back
in the centre of France for
a second install and new EME experience.
- In 1989, F6KSX puts its mast
and its EME antenna in Corsica (
- In 1990, F6KSX is present
at the REF congress in the Limoges city to present its project
of EME expedition in the Azores.
- Still in 1990, expedition
in the Azores - CU8EME.
- In 1991, F6KSX settles down
on the Jersey island - GJ / F6KSX.
- In 1992, the last installation
of the V / UHF antenna in the Observatory of PARIS-MEUDON .
- 1993, F6KSX becomes the "Amateurs
of Radio Reflections on the Lunar area" (A.R.R.L). The group
settles down near Paris and begins
the works of its fixed EME station .
- 1994, first
EME QSO on 10 GHz (3cm).
- 1995: F6KSX improves its EME
station and tracking system. The activity 10 GHz is very low. Few
active stations during both WE of the ARRL contest
1997: F6KSX switches on 1296 MHz (23cm). In 3 WE of contest, F6KSX
realizes 130 QSO with 65 different stations (Initial
- 1999 : F6KSX is back on 10
- In 2001, we are testing a speciality
"Le vin de lune / (moon's wine ??)". So, we realize the
biggest score during the 3cm EME ARRL contest. During the 2002
contest, we have the visit of Johanna
W5JLP who is student in the Paris area.
1999 up to 2005, F6KSX realized 178 QSO 3cm with 44 different
- 2005: We are probably doing
our last contest and QSO from the actual site. The F6KSX's place is
for sale. F6KSX has to move. To be continue ....
F6KSX did not found any new place at this time. We were active for
the WE of the ARI contest. With the moon at perigee the conditions
were good . We have done 11 QSO with 3 more inits. Thank you for all
active stations.(Initial QSO list)
- 2007: Our first project started
in 2004 is now off for different reasons. F6KSX is building a new
project with the AAV astronomy
group to extand the activity with the radioastronmy hobby. The dish
and station are moving to
the AAV site. To be continue again ...
- 2008 - 2014 : The radioastronomy
is our main activity. See 21cm results at the radioastro
page and radio detection of meteors
at RETRAM website.
During these past years, the various
members of the group F6KSX also participated in other activities with
good time, such as:
- 6th 432MHz & up EME Conference
at Goteborg (Sweden)
- TM8EME in the radio telescope
- Participation to the organization
of the 8th EME Paris 1998 conference.
- 10th EME Conference at Prague
F6KSX have also done many EME
measurements, such as:
- Sun flux during a partial eclipse
of the sun
- Echoes on 3cm
- Some EME signals records ....
I hope that these some lines and
photos (links) will have made you share the pleasure that I have to
be within a group as F6KSX. I crossed magnificent moments and I would
like to thank all the friends whom you were able to see on the various
photos. Today we are looking for a new place to install our station.
We hope to see you soon on the moon.
* About 1988: A quite particular
thanking to Frank F5SE and a thought for Marc F9FT who allowed us to
start in EME in 1988. I regrettably have no photo of our trip in Reims
to get back the old 432 antenna of F9FT (and some news).